When it comes to audiobooks, Audible and Scribd are two of the most popular providers. But which one is right for you?
In this article, we will compare the features of Audible and Scribd to help you decide which one is best for you.
First, let’s take a quick look at both.
- Audible is owned by Amazon and has the largest selection of audiobooks on the market, with over 200,000 titles to choose from.
- Scribd is a more recent player in the audiobook game, but they also have a strong selection with over 10k+ titles.
Both Audible and Scribd offer a monthly subscription plan where you can listen to a certain number of books per month, with Audible offering one book per month for $14.95 and Scribd offering unlimited listens for $8.99 per month.
What do I like about Audible over Scribd?
- Audible has a larger selection of audiobooks with over 200,000 titles, while Scribd only offers about 100,000 titles.
- Audible is owned by Amazon, so if you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can get a discount on your monthly subscription.
- Audible offers a credit system where you can get one free audiobook credit per month, which can be used to buy any audiobook regardless of price.
What do I like about Scribd over Audible?
- Scribd offers a monthly subscription that gives you unlimited access to its entire catalog of audiobooks, ebooks, and magazines. With Audible, you can only listen to one audiobook per month.
- Scribd is cheaper than Audible at $8.99 per month, while Audible is $14.95 per month.
- Scribd offers a free trial with no commitment, while Audible requires a credit card to start the free trial.
Audible also offers a wide range of exclusive content and original programming. Audible members can download one audiobook per month for $14.
Audible may have a larger selection, but Scribd offers more bang for your buck with its unlimited access and lower monthly price.
I use both Audible and Scribd because each one offers different content. I mostly use Scribd for its unlimited access, whenever I can’t find a book on Scribd, I turn to Audible for its larger selection.
Ultimately, it depends on your preferences and what you’re looking for in an audiobook provider. Both Audible and Scribd offer seamless listening experiences, so take advantage of their free trials to see which one is the best fit for you.
Most of the popular titles are available on both platforms, but Audible has a larger selection overall. Audible contains 200000+ titles, while Scribd has about 10000 titles.
Both audible and Scribd variety of titles ranging from bestsellers to niche non-fiction titles. Audible also offers Audible Originals, exclusive audio content that can only be found on Audible.
Scribd is cheaper than Audible at $11.99 per month, while Audible is $14.95 per month. With Scribd, you can listen to unlimited audiobooks, ebooks, and magazines per month.
With Audible you can only listen to one audiobook per month unless you buy additional books.
Scribd is clearly a better deal if you’re an avid reader and want access to multiple formats.
Audible may be a better option if you can’t find audiobooks on Scribd, but I won’t recommend it unless you consistently are short on books