Let’s start with the key differences between the two services.
Kindle Unlimited is a subscription service that gives unlimited access to over 2 million e-books, comics, manga, and magazines.
Comixology Unlimited is a subscription service that offers unlimited access to over 25,000 digital comics, graphic novels, and manga. It can only be accessed through the Comixology app on various devices.
In this post, I’ll compare the two services regarding content, accessibility, and price.
|Unavailable (3-5x less than CU)
The best part about Kindle Unlimited over Comixology Unlimited?
- You can expect a wider selection of books, magazines, and other materials in Kindle Unlimited.
- It contains some comics, which could be a good thing for their members
The best part about Comixology Unlimited over Kindle Unlimited?
- Comixology Unlimited has a much larger selection of comics, graphic novels, and manga.
- Comixology is slightly cheaper at $5.99 per month compared to Kindle Unlimited’s $9.99 monthly.
- It contains content from both DC and Marvel comics but only a glimpse to hook you into buying more.
If you just want to read comics and manga, Comixlogy Unlimited is the better option. Their selection is larger and it’s cheaper.
However, if you want access to a wider range of materials, including books and magazines, then Kindle Unlimited (review here) may be the better choice.
ComiXology Unlimited contains 40000+ titles from both DC and Marvel with 2400+ manga titles.
Although there are no specific numbers surrounding the selection of Kindle Unlimited comics, from my experience, it is 3-5 times less than ComiXology.
Winner: ComiXology Unlimited
- Kindle Unlimited is only $9.99 a month.
- ComiXology Unlimited is $5.99 a month.
Clearly, ComiXology wins in terms of pricing.
ComiXology is the better option for reading comics and manga as it has a larger selection and is cheaper.
However, if you’re looking for a wider range of reading materials, including books and magazines, Kindle Unlimited may be more suited for you. It ultimately depends on what kind of reader you are and your preferences.
If you’ve any questions, feel free to comment, and I’ll be happy to help out as best as possible.