AZW3 is Amazon’s proprietary eBook format which means that it can only be read on Kindle devices and apps. PDF, on the other hand, is a widely popular format that can be read on any device or software.
Even though you can read PDFs on Kindle, the experience is far from ideal. The pages don’t fit the screen, and you can’t adjust the font size. That’s why it’s best to convert PDFs into AZW3 format before reading them on Kindle.
Here is How you can do that with Calibre:
- Download and install Calibre on your computer.
- Open Calibre and click on the “Add books” button. Select the PDF file that you want to convert.
- Click on the “Convert books” button.
- In the Output Format drop-down menu, select AZW3.
- Click on the “Ok” button to start the conversion process.
- Once the conversion is done, click on the “Close” button.
- Transfer the AZW3 file to your Kindle device or app.
Now you can enjoy reading your PDFs on Kindle without any problems. Thanks to Calibre, the process is quick and easy. Give it a try and see for yourself.